In Path of Exile, Shield Charge is an attack skill. The player charges at an enemy and bashes it with his shield. The target is damaged, knocked back, and stunned. Enemies in the way are pushed to the side.
Skill functions and interactions:
1. Damage and reduced enemy stun threshold are proportional to the distance charged. The maximum charge distance is 60 units Note that the in-game average damage tooltip for Shield Charge does not factor in the bonus gained from charge distance. Having enough poe exalted orb can make things easier.
2. The damage dealt on strike is based on the main hand weapon and is not affected by the shield in any way. Shield Charge can also be used unarmed; however, it cannot be used with a wand.
3. Area of Effect: Shield Charge deals AoE damage at the end animation of the charge in a circle in front of the player. Modifiers to area radius and damage affect the skill.
4. Use time: Shield Charge has a special base use time of 1.0 seconds (when charging to the maximum distance) that overrides the base attack time of any weapon equipped.
5. Note that the attack time of the skill displayed in-game is erroneously affected by the base attack time of the weapon. Both local and global attack speed modifiers apply to this use time, increasing the speed at which the skill is performed, including both the charging speed and the recovery animation at the end. Furthermore, modifiers to movement speed affect the charging animation speed.
There’s a lot more players guide on our website, so be sure to check out if you need some guides. Keeping an eye on poe currency purchase, you will get more gains.